Follow That Website Visitor!
Have you ever visited a website like Amazon.com, looked at a product and/or put it in your shopping cart but then left the website without making a purchase? You continue to surf the web and notice that website and/or product image keep following you…what is going on? THAT is remarketing. Remarketing gives you a chance to reach out to customers who’ve previously visited your website with banner ads they visit other sites. When a customer visits your site they are tagged with a special cookie allowing you to advertise to them online. This means you get another chance to convert them into a sale!
How Does It Work?
For example, visitors who are looking for an engagement ring may go to your website to browse the different styles, however, most visitors leave without completing a purchase or calling the store to set up an appointment. Knowing that the visitor is a potential customer your website can tag them as “site visitor”. This will allow your site to deliver an advertisement to the “site visitor”.
Why is Remarketing So Important?
- 96% of visitors leave without converting, and 49% of visitors browse a site 2-4 times before they make a purchase. Remarketing helps you to follow a user from site to site to re-engage your customers to your website
- 43% of companies use remarketing for online brand awareness and recognition. With remarketing you’ll be able to establish brand awareness in the early stage of the purchase process, and become the authority on your product
- 56% of companies use remarketing for gaining customers. Remarketing helps you to regain visitors by showing them advertisements on other websites
- 11% of companies use remarketing to target a competitor’s customer. With remarketing, your ads pop up on a customers browser after they go to your website or search for a particular keyword. That means you can target people who’ve visited websites that are highly related to your product, including your competitors!
How many times your potential customers see your ad is very important when they are ready to purchase. People coming back to your site for a second, third, or fourth time are more likely to buy, because they have already seen your website, so your products or services are more familiar to them.
Great marketing strategies help you reach your target audience and boost your customer base. Remarketing is your solution to reach your target audience, increase conversion rates, and improve your bottom line.
Call Freshley Digital for more information about Retargeting and other Digital Marketing Tactics TODAY!
* Data provided by quicksprout